Wednesday, July 12, 2006


What Does Parenting Have to do with Tires?

Do you ever worry that you are not getting enough quality time with your kids? If you do you are not alone!

Last month I was hired as the parenting and media spokesperson for Fountain Tire (49% owned by Good Year Tire) to help roll out their 50th Celebration "Gift of Time Campaign" as a way of saying thank you to their cutomers. The campaign included surveying 1662 parents to discover what there inner most thoughts were on getting (or not getting!) quality time with their kids, creating 10 quality time parenting tips (that I get to share with you now!) and then going on media tour to share the news with over 1.6 million Canadians.

The parenting survey results on quality time are below.

See if you agree or disagree with these parents concerns:
  • 46% of parents report feeling guilty when they spend time alone, "because I think I should be with my family and child."
  • 76% of parents agreed with the statement, "If I could change one thing about my life , it would be that I could spend more quality time with my child."
  • 68% of parents feel they are "burned out" by their busy schedule

If you are at all concerned about getting more quality time with your kids read my parenting tips article on quality time with kids OR listen to my recent radio parenting interview on this very subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home